UConn Stamford is a modern facility with small classrooms, distance learning opportunities, up-to-date science labs, Library Learning Commons, ELC (Experimental Learning Collaborative), and Sports Club.
The Stamford campus is located at the heart of downtown Stamford. Stamford was voted the No. 1 city in Connecticut, with exciting shops, restaurants, theaters, and movies. It has easy access from I95, Merritt Parkway, and the train station with a free shuttle to campus from the station Monday through Friday. For more information about visiting Stamford, check out the Downtown Special Services District and City of Stamford's websites.
Stamford Visit Days
Visit UConn Stamford on select Saturdays this fall for a campus and residence hall tour experience complimented by a presentation on one of four key topics. As weekend sessions vary by theme, students are encouraged to register for the subject(s) they're most interested in.
Campus Tour & Student Panel Presentation
Saturday, September 24 at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Campus Tour & Faculty and Staff Panel Presentation
Saturday, October 8 at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Campus Tour & Financial Aid Presentation
Saturday, October 22 at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Campus Tour & Application Tips and Tricks Presentation
Saturday, November 19 at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Campus and Residence Hall Tours
Want to see what UConn Stamford is all about? Join us for a 90-minute campus and residence hall tour experience and hear from current students as they share what makes our campus so unique.
Digital Media and Design (DMD) Discovery Night
Join us at UConn Stamford to Discover Digital Media & Design (DMD)! Engage in interactive activities and personal, one-on-one conversations with faculty and students to learn more about our innovative DMD program.
Thursday, October 18th at 6 p.m
Virtual Information Sessions
Attend a virtual information session to learn more about the majors that can be completed at UConn Stamford, student life, and the City of Stamford.
Application Tips and Tricks
Whether you are starting on your college journey or in the middle of it, this session will provide information about the application process and tips and tricks to put your best foot forward.
Join us throughout the year for special sessions that aim to give you a better understanding of the UConn Stamford experience and allow you to take a deeper dive into some of the key topics and areas that interest you most about our campus community. All sessions are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET.
Admissions Office Chats
Great advice isn’t confused to college fairs, and neither are we. Connect with a UConn Stamford admissions representative through this one-on-one chat opportunity.
UConn Stamford Faculty Panel
Thursday, October 6
Academic Advising at UConn Stamford
Thursday, October 27
Career Development at UConn Stamford
Thursday, November 10
Student Activities at UConn Stamford
Thursday, November 17
Residential Life at UConn Stamford
Thursday, December 1
Recorded Information Sessions
UConn Tour Tips
- Bring your questions so either the Tour Guides or the Admissions Staff can answer them for you.
- Avoid High School vacation days as they are usually busy and fill up quick.
- Check for weather announcements at alert.uconn.edu in the event of inclement weather. If UConn delays or is closed, tours will be cancelled.
- Check out our UConn Stamford and UConn websites!
- Plan to make other visits to UConn Stamford besides the tour in order to get a feel for what it really means to be a husky.
- Bring a family member or two, this will allow more questions to be asked – your guests might think of questions that never crossed your mind but are important.
Special Guest Tours
This tour is the perfect fit for a current Staff or Faculty member that would like to schedule a tour for a guest(s) or a School Counselor or Staff member that would like to visit UConn Stamford and our Residential Hall. We are looking forward to seeing you on campus soon!
UConn Stamford provides High School Group Tours to college ready High School students who are interested in seeing if our school is the right fit for them. We provide a tour of the full campus building led by student leaders to show students what it means to be a husky.
We offer Group Visits for groups with 10 or more students, during the academic year from September to April on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
While on campus, groups can participate in one of the sessions below. If your group has a preference, please indicate this on the Additional Comments section of the “Register Now” Form.
- Major Game - Learn about the many majors and schools the University of Connecticut has to offer.
- Trivia - Test your knowledge on what you learned on our campus tour about UConn Stamford or College Life.
- Student Leader Panel - Ask UConn Stamford students anything you have always wanted to know about UConn Stamford or College Life.
- Admissions Information Session - Learn about UConn as a whole and what makes UConn Stamford unique. During this session students will also learn some fast facts about the Admissions Process and tips to applying.
- Lunch on Campus - UConn Stamford has partnered with Pieology in Stamford, CT which is owned by two UConn Graduates.
Bus parking is located on Franklin St. between the UConn campus building and the Whitey Heist Park.