UConn Stamford is a modern facility with small classrooms, distance learning opportunities, up-to-date science labs, art gallery, Library Learning Commons, ELC (Experimental Learning Collaborative), Fitness Center, and Sports Club.
The Stamford campus is located at the heart of downtown Stamford. Stamford was voted #1 city in Connecticut, with exciting shops, restaurants, theaters, and movies. It has easy access from I95, Merritt Parkway, and the train station with a free shuttle to campus from the station Monday through Thursday. For more information about visiting Stamford, check out the Downtown Special Services District website as well as the “Visitors” website from the City of Stamford.
Residential Hall Tours
We are excited about our newly opened Residential Hall located about 3 blocks down Washington Blvd. from our campus! The Residential Hall is not a stop on our weekly campus tours due to the building being a living and learning community for our current students. Join us on select days to see what it would be like to live in the Stamford community! We will be providing tours of the Residential Hall at our Fall Open House on Saturday, October 27th, at our Tour and Information Session on Tuesday, November 13th at 5pm and Monday, December 3rd at 2pm. You can register for the Residential Hall tour by clicking the Register Now tab under the Campus Tours heading.
Your UConn Stamford adventure begins at our Welcome Center. We offer student-led campus tours for prospective students and their families. Campus tours are offered year-round and are available on select days between Monday and Saturday. A walking tour of the campus usually lasts about 30 minutes. Our new Residential Hall is not a stop on the Campus Tour, due to the building being a living and learning community for our current students. We are looking forward to seeing you on campus soon!
Name: Anna Francisco
Major: Molecular and Cell Biology
Favorite Class: Biology 1107 with Dr. Kramer
Dream Job: Cardiologist in either New York or California
Name: Usman Azeem
Hometown: West Haven
Favorite Class: Anthropology with Veronica Waweru
Dream Job: Cardio-thoracic Surgeon in New York
UConn Tour Tips
- Reserve a Weekday Tour when classes are in session to get the best sense of what it will be like as a future husky.
- Bring a list of questions for our trained admissions team to answer.
- Ask your student tour guide about their personal experiences with life on campus.
- Take notes on the resources available.
- Combine a tour with a visit to any of the amazing restaurants and/or events in Downtown Stamford!
UConn Stamford provides High School Group Tours to college ready High School students who are interested in seeing if our school is the right fit for them. We provide a tour of the full campus building led by student leaders to show students what it means to be a husky.
We offer Group Visits for groups with 10 or more students, during the academic year from September to April on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
While on campus, groups can participate in one of the sessions below. If your group has a preference, please indicate this on the Additional Comments section of the “Register Now” Form.
- Major Game - Learn about the many majors and schools the University of Connecticut has to offer
- Trivia - Test your knowledge on what you learned on our campus tour about UConn Stamford or College Life
- Student Leader Panel - Ask UConn Stamford students anything you have always wanted to know about UConn Stamford or College Life
- Admissions Information Session - Learn about UConn as a whole and what makes UConn Stamford unique. During this session students will also learn some fast facts about the Admissions Process and tips to applying.
- Lunch on Campus - UConn Stamford has partnered with Pieology in Stamford, CT which is owned by two UConn Graduates. Pieology can provide groups visiting UConn Stamford pizza for $6.00 per person.
Bus parking is located on Franklin St. between the UConn campus building and the Whitey Heist Park.
Featured UConn Stamford Student - Ariana Rojas
Why did you choose UConn Stamford?
I am able to get an education at a top university, at a much cheaper price, all while living in a city. Also, the class sizes are a lot smaller, so I knew I would have an easier time adjusting to college life.
What is your favorite class at UConn?
My favorite class is Human Genetics with Professor Kraemer. I am a Molecular and Cell Biology major so I love learning about genetics. The class is small, so we all get to interact with each other and ask a lot of questions during class.
What is your favorite restaurant in Stamford?
My favorite restaurant in Stamford is Barcelona. It’s the perfect place to sit and relax on the patio in the summer and eat tapas or paella.
What is your career goal?
My goal is to go to Harvard Law School and work at a law firm as either a patent lawyer or work as an environmental lawyer.
What do you like to do for fun?
I like to read, explore the city, and cook with my friends.
What is your Favorite ice cream?
My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough. I’ve always preferred vanilla ice cream over chocolate.