Location: UConn Stamford Libary, first floor (room 1.74) in the back of the library.
Spring 2017: Writing & Q Center Tutoring will open Monday, January 30th
Writing Tutor hours:
Wednesday - 9am-1pm; 2pm-6pm
Thursday - 10am-5pm
Friday - 11am-3pm
Q Tutor hours:
Monday- 3pm-5pm (Biology)
Tuesday- 12pm-2pm (Finance) 12:30pm-3:30pm (Math/Physics); 2pm-5pm (Chemistry); 4pm-6pm (Biology)
Wednesday- 12:30pm-3:30pm (Math/Physics); 5pm-6pm (Biology)
Thursday- 3:30pm-4:30pm (Finance)
Writing Center Inquiries: Serkan Gorkemli, Associate Professor of English and Writing Center Director, 203-251-9585
Q Center Inquiries: Erica Granoff, Director of Student Services Department, 203-251-8484
What We Do
- Q Course tutoring includes free tutoring in the following areas: Biology, Chemistry, Math, Physics, and Statistics. Tutoring is free to all UConn-Stamford students but is by appointment to accommodate as many people as possible. Tutoring sessions for Math, Physics and Statistics last for one half hour and sessions for Biology and Chemistry last an hour. Students should bring textbooks, notes, class handouts and assignments to each tutoring session.
- The Writing Center offers students the opportunity to work with trained tutors on a variety of writing projects, from course papers to resumes and business letters. Students are encouraged to bring in work at any stage of the writing process. Tutors provide strategies for brainstorming, project development, and revision.
- Online registration encouraged at http://advapp.uconn.edu/ and select The Source (Stamford Writing Center & Q Center) from the drop down menu list.
- Can’t make a writing tutor appointment in person? Email your essay or assignment to – EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow our guidelines for online submission.
- Calculating Your GPA
- Note Taking Format
- Essay Test Tips
- Learning From Your Exam Performance
- Math Test Tips
- Multiple Choice Test Tips
- Survey: Time Management
- True False Test Tips
- How to Create an Outline for a paper (Purdue OWL)
- Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism (UConn Libraries)
- Citation Guides & Tools (UConn Libraries)
- Documentation Guideline for Citing Source (Duke University)
- UConn Writing Center Guide (UConn Libraries)
- UConn Stamford Library Learning Commons